Hello again! Tonight, I decided to go through my Food & Drink Pinterest board and try another recipe that I’ve had my eye on for a while now. Both Andrew and I LOVE chicken wings, but hate the mess that comes with them, so I thought that this slow cooker buffalo chicken would be a great substitute.
I’ve tried a few chicken recipes using the slow cooker, and to be honest, I’m not usually a fan. I don’t know what it is, but for some reason every recipe I try seems to flop! But I am going to give this one a shot and will keep my fingers crossed that the bad slow cooker chicken streak will come to an end.
This recipe comes from TheFrugalGirls.com. What I love is that the ingredients and recipe are simple and easy to follow. I’m not a master chef (yet), so the easier the recipe, the better! Plus, I get to use my slow cooker again :)!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1.5 cups Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 pack Club House Ranch Style Dressing & Dip Mix
- Cook the chicken in the slow cooker for 2 hours (the original recipe said 3, but like I said in my last post, my slow cooker seems to take less time to cook things!)
- Once the chicken is done, drain the juices from the slow cooker
- Mix the Frank’s Sauce with the Ranch Mix, pour over chicken
- Continue to cook on high for 15 minutes (again, I adjusted the time to suit my slow cooker)
- Serve with veggies and dip, on a bun, or with any other side you wish!
This is totally off topic, but this is what Guinness decided to do while I was getting things ready for this recipe. What a ham!
There are 2 things that I found with this recipe that you should keep in mind:
- The Frank’s Sauce mixture is VERY strong, so be prepared to have your home smell like it lol.
- The chicken ended up being kind of dry, so I would suggest adding some sort of liquid (like broth or water) to the slow cooker to keep the meat moist.
Overall, I think this was another successful dish! The taste was there and it will be a great leftover for lunches!
Give this recipe a try and let me know how yours turned out!
©2014 Katie Dennison. Images may not be copied, printed or otherwise disseminated without express written permission of Katie Dennison.